Friday, June 24, 2011

To or from

In my line of work I am in many different vehicles. A few weeks ago I drove a Ranger with two giant white bumper stickers on the tailgate talking of salvation and Jesus' death on the cross. As I got in the pick-up I noticed a Bible on the passenger seat as well as about a dozen Bible tracts in the driver's door.

I don't find any fault with these things, but I wonder sometimes if we, as Chritians, are trying to save people from hell..... or to God. I see it as two totally different things with a single common thread.

I believe Hell to be a real place and I find the idea of it to be terrifying. However, in our efforts to get people 'saved' are we just trying to squeeze one more soul onto the salvation lifeboat, or do we want to actually introduce people to a real, relational God who can be their saviour?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment