Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Religious Towers & Sniper Rifles

I try to stay away from the tower now. Over the years I spent much time in that tower with my religious spotting scopes & binoculars peering at leaders of ministries or politicians... just waiting for them to slip up and say something dumb, theologically incorrect, or just plain mean. Then I would send up my religious flares pointing out the indiscretion screeching wide eyed as if expecting the judgement of God to crush them in front of my eyes.

What a waste of time.

This tower has cob webs now. My religious rifles are no longer polished, locked & loaded. While I can love on people, I cannot change them. I am not the Holy Spirit. I still get all worked up from time to time, but instead of flying to into some sort of religous frenzy I feel burdened... in the end so greatful that God is sovereign.

Currently flares are going up all over the place... Driscoll said something again. I have to laugh. If more time was spent loving on the people in my life (neighborhood, work, church, gas station, etc) and less time writing letters to church elder boards about what their pastor said.... well, you finish the sentence....

 

Clarifications:

-I do not appreciate everything Driscoll says, but I am neither his accountability partner nor savior.

-I do feel there is a time/place for the 'flares' to be set off. But I believe it should be saved for a serious situation, not every little "Enquirer" tid bit of news that comes along.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment